From June 26- July 1, Yamaha Canada is hosting a summer camp at the Whistler Convention Center. Please see below for the camp info brochure and application form.
We have some fantastic clinicians that will be working with the children including Christopher Norton who is a world-famous Jazz pianist as well as Kat Lucas who was actually a Yamaha student at our Corporate school and is now playing in the band P!nk. The camps are full-day (3 workshop days) with supervised lunches so parents will be free to enjoy their vacation while kids enjoy music at the camp!
A few additional notes and reminders:
- Eligibility – Any current student between the ages of 7-15 (as of July 1st 2020). This means that students in JMC and YMC are eligible to attend
- Daily Schedule
- 26th June – Arrivals, check-in and welcome dinner reception
- 27th-29th June from 9:00am to 3:50pm (sign-in will start at 8:30am). Each camper will have 2 sessions with each of the clinicians.
All campers will have the opportunity to perform in one of the daily concerts which will take place in the Rainbow Theatre in the Convention Centre at 4:00pm
- 30th June – Concert day and evening farewell reception
- 1st July – Check-out – no camp activities
- One added bonus worth mentioning to parents is that because camper lunch is included, they will be supervised for the full day allowing parents to maximize their own time in Whistler. This arrangement is partly in response to feedback we received following the 2018 camp
- Pre-Camp Assignments for piano performance (duets/trios) and ensemble will be distributed. Participants are expected to practice thoroughly BEFORE coming to camp. Session days are full and long, so there will be limited opportunities go practice once camp begins.
Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or e-mail Craig Milner: firstname.lastname@example.org directly. You can also e-mail your scanned application directly to Mr. Milner.