Yamaha Music School Markham is looking forward to welcoming you to our school this fall. We take the personal health and safety of our students, families, teachers, and staff as our main priority at all times. As we return to in-person lessons this fall, we have enhanced our school environment to ensure we can do so in a safe and responsible manner. We have taken on the additional elements below in order to do so.
- All students, parents/guardians, teachers, and staff must complete a COVID-19 Health Screening Questionnaire prior to entry to the school. These must be completed on the same day of each lesson for each student and may be completed in advance from home, on a PC or mobile device, or on your mobile device upon arrival. Paper forms will be made safely available for those without a PC or mobile device.
- Increased frequency of professional cleaning daily
- Increased frequency of in-house cleaning by employees, especially instruments between lessons, tables, door handles, bathrooms, and other frequently-used surfaces
- We will provide sanitization wipes to be available to parents if they prefer to wipe the keyboard prior to the lessons
- No food or drink permitted in the lobby or classrooms
- Increased distance between individual instruments in the classrooms, smaller class sizes
- Careful monitoring and enforcement of no-contact interactions
- Reduced student capacity in the school as needed, in accordance with local regulations
- Teachers will guide classes in and out of the classrooms in an orderly and socially distanced fashion
Personal Health & Hygiene
- Increased enforcement of proper handwashing and hygiene etiquette (e.g. using tissue to cover coughs and sneezes), alongside strict sick policies
- Increased volume of sanitation stations including new temperature checking sanitary stations at the entrance and remote hand sanitizer dispensers in the lobby
- Use of face masks when entering the school and travelling to the classroom through the hallways
- If you are experiencing any of the known symptoms of COVID that are not related to your usual seasonal allergies or other usual condition, or if these usual conditions are getting worse, please consult a health care practitioner and do not come to the school